Have you ever been familiar with the way How To Turn Off Windows Defender? If not, I must congratulate you for visiting the right site in order to find out the way how to disable the Windows Defender. Although Windows Defender is categorized as an anti-malware engine that helps you protect your device and data from the viruses, spyware, and other security threats, some people want to disable it on their Windows 10. The decision of turning off the Windows defender may bring you risk of letting your device attacked by the threats, however, in some cases, it is a must. If so, we are going to share you the two ways of How To Turn Off Windows Defender. Those are using the group policy editor and using Registry. Check out the explanation as follows:
How To Turn Off Windows Defender:
Turning Off Windows Defender Using Group Policy Editor
Have you been running for Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, or Education? If yes, then you must be happy since you can be able to turn off the Windows Defender using Group Policy Editor. Even you can turn it off permanently. How can? Check and follow the steps How To Turn Off Windows Defender below:
- The first thing you must do is to search the keyboard shortcut Windows key + R. If you are finished doing this, please open the command Run.
- Next, you could type gpedit.msc. Make sure you type the correct word and avoid misspelling.
- The next thing to do is to click “OK”.
- Finishing the third step, you must open Local Group Policy Editor. This is how you come to the point.
- The fifth step is to browse the path of Computer Configuration. After that, you are required to browse Administrative Templates. Continue your browsing about Windows Components. And the last browsing is Windows Defender Antivirus.
- Next, you must find Turn Off Windows Defender Antivirus policy and make a double-click.
- The seventh step is to choose Enabled. This is the way to disable the Windows Defender.
- If you want this way works well, click Apply and OK at the same time. This means you have disabled the Windows Defender.
Turning Off Windows Defender Using Registry
Perhaps, you can’t turn off the Windows Defender using the first way. So this second way of How To Turn Off Windows Defender comes as the alternative. Please pay attention that using Registry may damage your installation. Thus, you must be sure that you do this step correctly.
- The first step is to search the keyboard key and shortcut of Windows Key + R and definitely open the command Run.
- Carefully type regedit. Don’t make any misspelling.
- Tap OK and direct yourself to open the Registry.
- The next step is to find the path of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsDefender.
- Try to find DisableAntySpyware DWORD.
- The next step is to rename the key DisabledAtiSpyware. If you are finished, tap on entering.
- After tapping on entering, please double-click the new DWORD. Don’t forget to value from 0 to 1.
- The last step is to tap “OK”. You are done.
All in all, there is always the possibility to disable some function on your Windows including the antivirus such as Windows Defender. These two steps of How To Turn Off Windows Defender is expected to help you if you really want to disable the Windows Defender.